Interested students need to have in a completed application to Thomas Jefferson HS by Friday, Sept. 28, 2018 at 4 p.m.
8th graders, are you applying to TJ, the IB, or other selective high school programs? Join Dr. Steele in a special group to prepare for the admissions process, essay questions, and self-reflection.
Participants will tap into resources from Gifted Services, classmates, and conncet with Gunston alums who are currently enrolled at TJ or in selective programs.
As a sample of how this worked in the past, we can meet during:
– Science, English, and PE/Health classes (based on workload and prior approval from teachers)
– Before and after school
I will help you to:
– Prepare for essay questions:
– Consider if a selective program is right for you
– Find a good fit for a high school program, which may or may not be TJ
– Develop an action and accountability plan for PRACTICING, soliciting letters of recommendation, etc
– Possibly do a SKYPE with a Gunston alumna/current TJ student
Student leaders needed! Let’s do it!
Please stop by Gifted Services in 123D or email Dr. Steele to learn more.