A cheerleader’s purpose is to celebrate and encourage the school’s sports teams as well as to represent Gunston Middle School in a positive manner.
|Ella C.||Morgan K..||Adriana B.|
|Mikayla D.||Michaela M.||Gabrielle H.|
|Camila G.-M.||Kalaya R. R.||Sanali R|
|Olivia K.||Addison S.||Cyana S.|
|Zohra O.||Juliette S.||.Camille W.|
|Isabella W.||Shelby Woodhead|
In order to audition for the squad you MUST:
- have a current physical on file
- turn in a signed Responsibility form and Teacher Signatures form
- have a C average, with no D’s or E’s, on your Midterm Progress Reports
- attend the four practice workshops: dates TBA
These four mandatory practices will be from 2:30-4:10 pm in the auxiliary gym.
Come in workout clothes and tennis shoes.
- Maintain a “C” average or better. If a cheerleader has a “D” or “E” on her progress report or report card, she will be placed on probation until her grades improve to at least a “C” average.
- Carry themselves as Leaders! It is important to show Gunston PRIDE: Positivity, Respect, Integrity, Determination, and Excellence.
- Attend every practice, game, and pep rallies. Written parental excuse will excuse a student from a practice and game. All notes must be given to the Coach prior to practice and/or game. If practice is missed the day before a game, the cheerleader will not be allowed to cheer at the game.)
- Be aware that two missed practices and/or games (unexcused) will result in dismissal from the Squad.
- Be responsible for her uniform – wash it after every game!
Photos by Will Ashby
Photos by Richard Roberts