No Bake Goodies
You don’t have to use an oven for these yummies!
1 large package flaked coconut.
1 small box Jello gelatin (for coating finished balls.)
1. Mix first 4 ingredients.
Tip… wet hands for rolling to help control the sticking.
Peanut Butter Squares
1/2-cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
LINE 13×9-inch baking pan with foil. Set aside.
Pam’s Raggedy Robins
2 cups white sugar
1. Cover baking sheets with wax paper and set aside.
2. Combine sugar and cocoa in a large saucepan. Stir in milk, butter and peanut butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter melts and mixture is combined, about 5-20 minutes. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in the vanilla, oats and nuts, and mix thoroughly. Take a teaspoon and scoop out a spoonful of the mixture; drop the spoonful onto the waxed paper-covered baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the mixture. Place in the refrigerator until the cookies are cooled and set. Store the cookies in an airtight container.
Makes 4 dozen
Peanut Butter Chews
1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine corn syrup and white sugar. Bring to a boil, boil for one minute, and remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter until well blended. Mix in cereal until evenly coated. Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper.
2 (3 ounce) packages of strawberry gelatin
2/3 cup white sugar
1. Heat sugar and syrup together in heavy pan until boiling. Add peanut butter. Mix until well blended. Pour over corn flake cereal, coating the cereal well.
2. Press into a 9 x 13 inch pan. Melt chocolate chips in a small saucepan. Spread over batter. Chill for 20 -25 minute. Cut into bars.
Funky Frito Fruckies
1 (10 1/2 ounces) package of Fritos corn chips (or other corn chip)
1. In a greased 10 x 15 inch pan, place the corn chips.
2. In a saucepan, bring the sugar and corn syrup to a boil over medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter until smooth. Pour the over the chip and smooth level.
3. Pour this over the chip and smooth level. Place the chocolate bars in a single layer over the hot mixture and wait a few minutes until the heat melts them and then smooth the chocolate out to form a thin layer. Allow to cool and then break into pieces.
Makes 3 dozen
1-cup confectioners’ sugar
1. Sprinkle the sugar on the coconut. Add the cream and mix gently.
2. Take approximately 1/2 tablespoon of dough and roll into balls. Place cinnamon in a plastic bag and shake cookies a few at a time until coated.
Makes 2 dozen (approx.)
Peanut Butter Cup Bars
2 sticks of margarine, melted
2. Pat into a 9 X 13 pan.
3. Melt the chocolate in the microwave.
4. Refrigerate and cut into squares.
1 box (12 ounce) vanilla wafers
1 Mix 1 box (12 oz) vanilla wafers, crushed into crumbs, with 1/2 lb ground blanched almonds.
2 Melt four 1 oz squares white chocolate according to package directions.
3 In blender, process tequila, orange marmalade, and light corn syrup until smooth. Stir, along with melted chocolate, into crumb mixture.
4 Shape into 1-inch balls and coat with sugar. Store in refrigerator.
Mocha Java Bars
2 teaspoons instant coffee crystals
1 To make crust: Combine 1/2 cup butter, white sugar, vanilla and the egg in a double boiler over low heat. Stir until thick.
2 Add the graham cracker crumbs, coconut and nuts and mix well. Pour into baking pan and let cool.
3 To prepare Filling: In medium-sized bowl, dissolve the instant coffee in the hot coffee. Mix in powdered sugar, cocoa, 1/4 cup of butter and milk. Spread filling over pastry and chill for 15 minutes.
4 To prepare Topping: Melt white chocolate in double boiler over low heat. Spread over filling and cut into squares. Store in refrigerator.
1/3 cup shortening
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Melt shortening over low heat. Pour into 9 inch baking pan. Layer bread crumbs evenly in bottom of pan.
Layer coconut, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and nuts over breadcrumbs. Drizzle condensed milk over top.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool before cutting into bars.
Babe Ruth Bars
” These taste like the candy bar. “
1-cup peanut butter
1 In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the peanut butter, corn syrup, brown sugar and white sugar. Cook stirring occasionally until smooth. Remove from heat and quickly mix in the cornflakes, chocolate chips and peanuts until evenly coated.
Caramel Crispy Treats
Makes 1 – 11×7 inch pan
” This is the BEST gooey crispy rice treat ever. A change from the marshmallow bars!”
4 (2.05 ounce) bars milk chocolate covered caramel and nougat (e.g. Milky WayÂ®)
Twix Candy Bar
Line a 9 X 13″ pan with tin foil. Line the bottom of the pan with club crackers (overlapping ok).
In a saucepan put in the brown sugar, margarine, crumbs, sugar and milk. Boil for 5 minutes. Pour over the club crackers (may need to spread just a little bit). Once all coated with caramel, add another layer of club crackers (again, any overlapping is ok).
In a glass bowl, place the two types of chips and peanut butter. Microwave until melted and stirring occasionally to make it smooth.
Pour over the top of the bars and spread. Let cool and cut into squares. (So much easier using a pizza cutter for this).