About the Library
Through a love of reading and social engagement, the Gunston Library aims to engage students and staff in 21st century learning by creating effective and ethical users of resources, ideas, and information. We will empower students to be compassionate critical thinkers and lifelong learners who also value reading for personal fulfillment.
The Library’s mission is to provide a safe environment for all members of the Gunston community to have 24 hour access to a collection of print and digital resources. These inclusive resources enhance the middle school curriculum and provide opportunities to learn about other perspectives. We do not restrict or censor student’s choices; therefore, we encourage adults to have conversations with their scholars about what they are reading.
- Monday – Friday during school hours
- Afterschool Hours – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday
- The Library is also accessible virtually 24/7 on Canvas and Destiny Discover!
- We are open during lunch, but will close to accommodate classes. Students must come with a pass.
- Students may also visit the library during the school day with a pass from their classroom teacher.
- Books can be checked out for a period of 3 weeks.
- You may check out up to 10 print books.
- Additionally, students can check out resources from our e-collection.
- Respect the space, the materials and each other.
- Only build, do not destroy.
- Clean up after yourself.