There are so many ways to keep reading this summer! See below for information on Arlington Public Library’s summer reading program, e-books and e-audiobooks, suggested books, and high school reading lists for rising 9th graders.
Arlington Public Library’s Summer Reading Program
Have a library card? If not, don’t worry! They’re FREE and available to everyone in the community. Just use this application.
E-books and E-audiobooks
Download 2 free e-audiobooks every week this summer through SYNC: a free summer audiobook program for teens. Geta new books every week from April 26 – July 25, 2018.
Suggested Reading Lists
- Gunston librarians’ recommendations: 6th grade, 7th/8th grade
- Capitol Choices: Noteworthy Books for Children and Teens
- Young Adults’ Choices Reading List
- The Horn Book Summer Reading List for 2018
- Kirkus Best Books of 2017 – Teen and Middle Grade
- School Library Journal’s Best Books of 2017 – Young Adult, Middle Grade and Nonfiction
High School Summer Reading for Rising 9th Graders