Congratulations to the following GMS students who won the PTA Reflections contest! Their work will move on to the county-wide reflections contest in December.
FILM – Sierra P., Title: “Heroes Around Us”
LITERATURE – Coral de la C., Title: “By the Lonely Apple Tree”
MUSIC – Clara C., Title: “Risk Everything”
PHOTOGRAPHY – Charlotte P., Title: “Overcoming Obstacles”
VISUAL ARTS – Sierra P., Title: “The Color Filled Up”
Reflections Contest 2018 Information
The PTA Reflections contest is here again! All submissions are due on Friday, October 26, 2018 at 12 noon in the Gunston Library. For information on the theme (Heroes Around Me), visit the Reflections website.
English: Rules and Entry form
Spanish: Rules and Entry form
- Please do not put your name on the actual artwork (front or back). If you do, we will need to tape over it to ensure blind judging of entries.
- Please package your artwork in a manila envelope/folder and attach a fully-completed Student Entry Form to the envelope/folder.
- All entries submitted must be original, new pieces of artwork inspired by the current year’s Reflections Program theme (i.e. “Heroes Around Me”).
- Each entry must be the work of one individual student. Assistance from teachers,parents, or friends is not permitted except in special cases such as students with disabilities.
- Other individuals may appear in or perform a student’s work, but the work itself must be the creative product of one student.
- Use of copyrighted material is prohibited, except for background music in dance choreography and film production entries when cited.
- Students may enter in one or more arts categories.
- Entries will be judged on how well the student uses his or her artistic vision to portray the theme, originality and creativity.
All participants will receive a certificate. The “Outstanding Interpretation of the Theme” (i.e. 1st place) winner at Gunston in each category will have their work forwarded for the county level competition, and then could progress to the district, state and even…super exciting… the national level! Those county-level competitors will also be recognized at an Arlington-wide Reflections ceremony at an Arlington high school in January 2019.